Main Article Content

Bagas Setiyadi
Nani Mediatati
Yosaphat Haris Nusarasatriya


This research is motivated by the development of Science and Technology (IPTEK) which is heading towards an all-digital world. The use of gadgets needs to be balanced with correct and controlled education, because their use can be one of the factors that shape human character in a positive or negative direction. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of using gadgets on the character formation of SD Negeri 01 Sumberejo students. This study uses a quantitative descriptive approach with a linear regression statistical test used to test the effect of the independent variables on the dependent variable. The subjects of this study were students in grades IV and V totaling 60 respondents. Data collection techniques were through observation and using questionnaires, while data analysis used simple linear regression which was processed with the help of the SPPS version 20 program. From various series of data tests it was found that the t value was 6,194 > t table 2,202, with a significance value of 0.000, the hypothesis Ha was accepted and Ho was rejected. The coefficient of determination obtained is 39.8%, the use of gadgets affects character formation, while the remaining 60.2% is influenced by other factors outside the variables studied. Then from the simple linear regression equation, it is known that the value of y = a + bX (17.945 + 1.365X) which can be concluded that there is an effect of using gadgets on the character formation of SD Negeri 01 Sumberejo students.


Download data is not yet available.
Keywords: Use of Gadgets, Formation of Character, Student Character Development

Setiyadi, B., Mediatati, N., & Nusarasatriya, Y. H. (2023). The Influence of Use of Gadgets on Student Character Development . EDUTEC : Journal of Education And Technology, 6(4), 620-628.